This is Nina Katchadourian. She takes photos of herself in airplane bathrooms. But unlike Reece, who is also known to do this, she adorns herself in the 15th-century Flemish Paper Towel style…which is pretty freakin hilarious and awesome. She explains,
While in the lavatory on a domestic flight in March 2010, I spontaneously put a tissue paper toilet cover seat cover over my head and took a picture in the mirror. The image evoked 15th-century Flemish portraiture. I decided to add more images made in this mode and planned to take advantage of a long-haul flight from San Francisco to Auckland, guessing that there were likely to be long periods of time when no one was using the lavatory on the 14-hour flight. I made several forays to the bathroom from my aisle seat, and by the time we landed I had a large group of new photographs entitled Lavatory Self-Portraits in the Flemish Style.
You go girl. You go.
11 Notes/ Hide
- rachelwebber likes this
- sunpeach likes this
- mangeunchar reblogged this from thelaurenproject
- discontentedcorgi likes this
- sp1nn1ng-j3nny reblogged this from 55595472
- 55595472 reblogged this from coastalkayaker
- coastalkayaker reblogged this from thelaurenproject
- peetahbooty likes this
- thelaurenproject posted this